Hey there friends! Long story short–I am no better off today than I was the last time I blogged. I have essentially done nothing, with many re-starts and failures, from blatent defiant I will eat, gorge, and be happy to truly wanting to do well with food and nutrition yet still fall off the wagon. My knee injuries have been an excuse to hold back yet my brain struggles with the notion that I lost any progress and should be able to sprint a mile. I have further recently struggled with food binges. I have been having moments of eating as if I created the idea. It is my vice. And it truly has me in its grip!
Observations of self:
- Once I fall off the wagon, I give in with permission to cheat with whatever I want, in any amount I want with a promise to start again on some future date.
- I feel like I will never get my run mo-jo truly back.
- I am amazing at planning. My consistency to execute–my willpower–is completely lacking. I, in fact, have no control–and that bothers this control freak!
- I am not getting any younger. I would have called BS that it gets harder as you age–but…dang nab it! Its true.
- I really like food. I mean really really.
- I want to exercise and do more but my willpower to do it after work becomes an argument in my head. The couch seems to win.
- I don’t expect perfection but also need to change up my rules. I might be asking too much or maybe I am being to generous.
I reached to point yesterday of even considering a “miracle” diet pill to help me do it. I thought maybe what I need is something to suppress my appetite–a kickstart in the right direction. I did some research and came to the same conclusion as I have before–that potentially I am taking a chance on something that could really screw my body up! And further, when would I feel comfortable coming one of these drugs or supplements.
I believe it is about lifestyle change. I have always believed it. Essentially it comes down to my willpower. My want being greater than my struggle. (Insert Rocky theme music…)
So. Here I am. What to do?
Step one. Come talk to you. Hear your struggle. Let’s relate and fix ourselves!
Step two. Do what I do best. Set some goals and plans. (see below)
Step three. Try essential oils. I decided to trade off any sort of pill for an oil. I am going to use 4 different oils. Cinnamon oil will go on my daily oatmeal. Grapefruit, orange and lemon will go in my water. I am gonna report back on my conclusions of success.
Back to step two.
- Everyday, meet my step goal.
- Treat my calories like old school weight watchers. Track like a checkbook for the week. Re-sets every Monday. Reward myself where I want to but be accountable to those rewards.
- FORGIVE when you slip but don’t slide!!!!!!!!
- Vitamins everyday. 2-3 liters of h2o every day.
- My fitness exercise goals are to walk, walk, walk. and stretch, stretch, stretch.
I know I can do this.
Today’s essential oil report. Day 1. Cinnamon oil was delicious on my oatmeal. Potent but delicious. I used lemon in my water–currently working on my second liter. Well. I will be a monkey’s uncle. They seem to work. Day 1 results of course. I was not hungry really at all today. I didn’t have a craving and mind -fight over a chocolate chunk cookie. I. Succeed ed. On to day two go….